Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Sustainable Microenterprise & Development Program
View Larger Map
SMDP Ghana 2013, March 11 through March 22
The SMDP Ghana is an intensive training program offering critical skills for African microfinance and enterprise development leaders. The Carsey Institute and GHAMFIN significantly revised the 2013 SMDP Ghana curriculum adding entirely new course tracks and important new features to existing courses. Please read the course descriptions carefully before choosing which courses you want to enroll in.
Confirmed 2013 Course Topics
(Week-Long Course Unless Otherwise Stated)
- Microfinance Management Principles and Practices (begins with online Principles of Microfinance Pre-course)—Multiple facilitators
- Risk Management for Microfinance Institutions—Ernest Senyo Dzandu
- Credit Risk Management—Ernest Senyo Dzandu (2 ½ day course)
- Delinquency Management for Microfinance Sustainability—Ernest Senyo Dzandu (2 ½ day course)
- Monitoring the Performance of Microfinance Institutions (begins with online 'A Financial Refresher' pre-course)—Kadry Furany
- Balanced Performance Management for Microfinance Institutions—Boubacar Diallo
- Savings Groups—Programme Design and Implementation—Hugh Allen
- Savings Groups—Management Information Systems—Hugh Allen
- Practical Skills for Agricultural Value Chain Financing—Richard Pelrine
Why You Should Register for the SMDP Ghana 2013
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCED FACULTY—The SMDP Ghana faculty are among the best practitioners/ trainers in the field today.
- NETWORKING WITH PEERS FROM ALL OVER AFRICA AND BEYOND—SMDP Ghana participants are the leaders of microfinance institutions, bank regulators, donors, and other change makers from west, east, southern Africa, and other continents.
- MOST RELEVANT CURRICULUM—The 2013 curriculum responds to current issues, challenges, and innovation in the development finance field.
- FIELD VISITS—Opportunity to visit savings groups, Financial NGOS, Susu collectors, and more.
- REDUCED FEES—The 2013 Tuition and Room and Board Fees have been reduced compared to 2012 Fees.
- DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE—Early bird and multiple participant registration discounts are available.
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATON SCHOLARSHIPS—If you are eligible, you may receive a full tuition and a room and board scholarship to attend.
Venue: The GIMPA Executive Hostel, Greenhill, Accra
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: February 22, 2013
Sponsored by the Carsey Institute/University of New Hampshire and Ghana Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN)
Catholic Relief Services
Scholarships from The Master Card Foundation
Ghana Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning
Ghana Association of Microfinance Companies