Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
SMDP South Africa
Pietermaritzburg , South Africa
View Larger Map
The Sustainable Microfinance and Development Program comes to South Africa in November, in a special two-week workshop entirely devoted to Savings Groups. The SMDP South Africa will take place in Pietermaritzburg from March 27 to April 7, 2017, and is offered by the University of New Hampshire, hosted by SaveAct, and delivered by VSL Associates and SaveAct.
The SMDP Savings Group (SG) courses are highly focused. Designed specifically for institutions and individuals who are committed to results, it is intended for people wanting to create efficient and effective SG programs, operating at low-cost and significant scale, leading to a long-term output in which groups spontaneously replicate at high quality.
The course will provide participants with the latest tools necessary to design, implement, track, and supervise the extent and quality of outreach. For this reason, it is very hands-on and involves a mixture of classroom lectures, simulations, and field visits to successful SaveAct savings groups that have been running for several years.
- Savings Groups: Programme Design and Implementation Management
- Savings Groups: Management Information Systems
Here’s what to expect:
- Plenary sessions on the latest Savings Groups learning and innovation
- Structured field visits
- Step-by-step guidance on field operations, focusing on group governance, products, and procedures
- Introduction to the SAVIX website and the SAVIX MIS. Hugh Allen of VSL Associates was the creator of SAVIX MIS and is teaching this course.
Scholarship Application Deadline - February 17,2017
Regular Application Deadline - March 6, 2017