Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Apply today Deadline for all Applications November 4, 2016.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Deadline: October 28, 2016
The Sustainable Microfinance and Development Program comes to Nairobi this November, in a special two-week workshop entirely devoted to Savings Groups. The SMDP Kenya will take place from November 28, 2016 to the December 9, 2016.
We are pleased to offer this workshop in partnership with VSL Associates of Solingen, Germany.
The SMDP Savings Group (SG) courses are highly focused specifically for institutions and individuals who are committed to results. They are designed for people wanting to create efficient and effective SG programs, operating at low-cost and significant scale, leading to a long-term output in which groups spontaneously replicate at high quality.
The courses will provide participants with the latest tools necessary to design, implement, track and supervise the extent and quality of outreach. For this reason, both courses are very much hands-on and involves a mixture of classroom lectures, simulations and field visits to successful savings groups that have been running for several years.
- Savings Groups: Programme Design and Implementation Management
- Savings Groups: Management Information Systems
Here’s what to expect:
- Plenary sessions on the latest Savings Groups learning and innovation
- Structured field visits
- Step-by-step guidance on field operations, focusing on group governance, products, and procedures
- Introduction to the SAVIX website and the SAVIX MIS. Hugh Allen of VSL Associates was the creator of SAVIX MIS and is teaching this course.