We foster creative solutions to scale impact
Visit seepcommunity.com. Learn More ›
| Watch an interview with Sharon
on the highlights of the 2011
SEEP Annual Conference.
Executive Director, The SEEP Network
Sharon’s experience in microfinance spans 23 countries in Latin America, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Africa. As SEEP's executive director, she leads the largest global network of microfinance and enterprise development practitioners. Sharon previously served as senior advisor to SEEP’s Association Development Community of Practice, providing strategic direction in SEEP's member services for associations and overseeing the creation of new association development tools.
Prior to her time at SEEP, Sharon served as senior technical advisor for Catholic Relief Services (CRS). She led the creation of a new microfinance institution in El Salvador, serving as the institution’s first executive director. While with CRS, Sharon also held the positions of regional technical advisor for Latin America as well as program trainer in the organization’s Small Enterprise Development Technical Unit.
Member Services; Microfinance; Reaching the Poor; Social Performance; Global Networks; Knowledge Management
|Washington, DC / Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Latin America, Global|
Publications by Sharon
- Effective Governance: A Toolkit for Microfinance Association Boards (co-author)
- Policy Advocacy: A Toolkit for Microfinance Associations (author)
- Microfinance Association Planning Guide (author)
- Performing a State of the Sector Analysis: A Guide for Microfinance Associations (co-author)
- Measuring Financial Performance: Practitioner Guide for Microfinance Associations (co-author)
- Networks as Investors in Microfinance: The Experience of REDCAMIF (author)
Sharon's recent speaking engagements
- 2011 SEEP Annual Conference, Washington, D.C. - panelist on "Taking Stock: Financial Education initiatives for the Poor" and "Key Debates in Member Strategies"
- Inter-American Development Bank Annual Conference 2011, Costa Rica, “Networks in Financial Inclusion”
MAKE A REQUEST
To invite Sharon to speak at your next event or to receive more information, please contact Diana Dezso.