Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Results Measurement for Program Managers
View Larger Map
This course – exclusively for program managers of implementing agencies – will introduce you to the key principles, practices and tips that will enable you to lead effective results measurement for management, learning and reporting in your program.
You are a team leader or senior manager implementing a private sector development program and you want to make use of results measurement for strategic learning and decision-making as well as effective reporting.
This course will help participants respond to the increasing demand for solid results measurement to assess the effectiveness of development aid and improve program implementation.
Please note that this is not a technical course on results measurement. This course focuses on the practical issues that managers face in fostering and using results measurement in their programs. HPC offers the more technically focused course “Results Measurement for Sustainable Private Sector Development.” See the HPC website for details.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
1. Outline a practical and credible monitoring and results measurement system for your program;
2. Determine the resources – time, skills and money – needed for effective results measurement;
3. Define appropriate organizational structures, processes, roles and responsibilities for results measurement;
4. Establish the right incentives for staff to regularly monitor and report on results;
5. Foster a culture of honest inquiry, learning and analysis in your program;
6. Report clearly and credibly on results at all stages of program implementation;
7. Enable staff and managers to use information on result to improve program implementation and maximize results.