Advancing the inclusion of millions of people around the world into pro-poor, sustainable financial services.
Savings Groups 2013 Conference
The Savings Groups 2013 Conference took place March 4 and 5, 2013, outside Washington, DC . The conference was supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Oxfam America, and others active in the Savings Group sector.
The MasterCard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation advances microfinance and youth learning to promote financial inclusion and prosperity. Through collaboration with committed partners in 48 countries, The MasterCard Foundation is helping people living in poverty to access opportunities to learn and prosper. An independent, private foundation based in Toronto, Canada, it was established through the generosity of MasterCard Worldwide at the time of the company’s initial public offering in 2006.
Aside from this SEEP page, there are a number of other important resources on Savings Groups. Check them out!
- Savings Revolution compiles expert blogs, podcasts, publications, and much more on Savings Groups. It is everything you need to learn more about Savings Groups and get involved with this exciting approach to financial services delivery.
- The SAVIX is a reporting system that provides transparent and standardized data on community-managed microfinance. It collects and validates financial and operational data from more than 70,000 savings groups promoted by six facilitating agencies. The aim of the site is to facilitate analysis, develop norms and improve performance across the sector.
- SPINNAKER aims to provide practitioners and researchers with an online platform that aggregates data and information on savings, engages leaders in the field, and highlights innovative savings products to funders, researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the savings for the poor field from around the world.
- The CRS online library compiles technical manuals, study results, case studies, training guides and toolkits. At this link you will find those publications related to CRS’s savings-led initiatives.
- Savings and loan associations - this Facebook page serves as a global discussion forum for practitioners from around the world to discuss savings and loan associations including VSLA, SfC, SILC, etc.