We believe in the power of enterprise to reduce global poverty.
Visit seepcommunity.com. Learn More ›
Network Strengthening for Client Protection
SEEP believes that clients of micro and small enterprise services have the right to ethical, digniﬁed, transparent, and equitable financial services. We encourage our members promote pro-client principles to their member institutions, such as designing appropriate products, providing transparent information, practicing responsible pricing, protecting clients from unethical practices, facilitating clients' ability to express their grievances, and protecting the privacy of clients' information.
Funded by the USAID Microenterprise Development Office, the Network Strengthening for Client Protection initiative is a joint effort between SEEP and the Smart Campaign to build the capacity of 20 microfinance networks to train their member institutions on client protection best practices. This project will wrap up in Q1 of 2012.
Initial project results include:
- “Putting Principles into Practice” and “Smart Assessors” trainings held in Mexico City with over 30 network representatives
- 19 client protection workshops held with over 300 MFIs in attendance
- 24 external client protection assessments conducted
- 158 self-evaluations on client protection submitted
- 233 MFI endorsements of the Campaign
For more information on this project, please contact Jenny Morgan.