Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Open Positions at SEEP
Title: Intern, Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE)
Deadline: February 23, 2017
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
SEEP is a global learning network. We support strategies that create new and better opportunities for vulnerable populations, especially women and the rural poor, to participate in markets and improve their quality of life.
Founded in 1985, SEEP was a pioneer in the micro-credit movement and helped build the foundation of the financial inclusion efforts of today. In the last three decades, our members have continued to serve as a testing ground for innovative strategies that promote inclusion, develop competitive markets, and enhance the livelihood potential of the world’s poor.
SEEP’s 120 member organizations are active in more than 170 countries worldwide. They work together and with other stakeholders to mobilize knowledge and foster innovation, creating opportunities for meaningful collaboration and, above all, for scaling impact.
POSITION PURPOSE: The SEEP Network is seeking a highly detail-oriented, organized individual to assist SEEP’s Women’s Economic Empowerment team. The Women’s Economic Empowerment Intern will assist with SEEP’s event planning, volunteer management, web development, and logistical coordination for the SEEP’s 2017 Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand at the end of May. As this position requires multiple interactions with conference attendees, SEEP members, and industry stakeholders, the ideal candidate will possess strong multicultural communication skills and be proactive in identifying and dealing with all conference-related issues.
This is a temporary, paid, full-time position, starting on or before early March and running through mid-June. Office hours are 9-5; however, longer hours can be expected leading up to and during the Global Learning Forum.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Assisting with planning and implementation of logistics and event planning for SEEP’s 2017 Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum (May 23-May 25)
- Liaising with the hotel regarding the room block, F&B, reservations and meeting room needs
- Supporting volunteer management at WEE Global Learning Forum;
- Assisting with maintaining digital accuracy on the WEE Forum website;
- Responding to general conference inquiries
- Assisting in maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records and files for all event management projects
- Assisting with other day-to-day administrative duties as needed
- Travel to Bangkok
- University degree in progress; completion preferred
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail (essential)
- Must be willing and able to learn quickly (essential)
- High degree of familiarity with Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel (essential)
- Able to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines (essential)
- Demonstrated event planning and logistical experience (preferred)
- Some experience with online registration systems (preferred)
- Strong oral and written communications abilities (essential)
- Spanish or French language proficiency is a significant plus
- Proven ability to reach out to a diverse constituency, preferably in a global context
- U.S. Citizenship, lawful permanent residency, or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
- Sense of humor and high level of professional diplomacy
This is a paid internship opportunity; $12/hour plus overtime pay.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to WEEForum@seepnetwork.org with the subject line “WEE Forum Internship” by February 23, 2017. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and early application is strongly encouraged.
Only applicants that are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.