We foster creative solutions to scale impact
- Executive Director, Azerbaijan Micro-Finance Association
- Board of Directors, The SEEP Network
Jhale has worked in microfinance since 1999 in the areas of project design, network development, and project implementation. As the executive director of Azerbaijan Micro-finance Association (AMFA), she leads a public association dedicated to strengthening the capacity of microfinance institutions and promoting effective collective action to advance the interests of the microfinance community and its clients. Jhale also publishes the quarterly Azerbaijan microfinance sector portfolio statistics and organizes country-level conferences on microfinance and policy, promoting financial transparency in the market, and best practices in microfinance.
|Business Growth, Strategy and Trends, Emerging Markets, Gender and Empowerment, Member Services, Social Performance|
|English, Russian, Azeri|
|Eastern Europe, Central Asia|
Publications by Jhale
- “The road to financial self-sustainability: AMFA’s way- Azerbaijan,” ADA Publication- Practice and Innovation in Microfinance, No2 , May 2010
- “Improving Sector Transparency: A Case Study on the Azerbaijan Microfinance Association,” MFC bulletin, February 2012 (co-author)
Jhale's recent speaking engagements
- Microfinance Center Annual Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2011. Panel speaker at "Over-indebtedness Revisited: What We Have Learned"
- The SEEP Network Global Network Summit, Washington, DC, November 2011. Panel speaker at "Key Debates in Member Strategies"
- Developed content and led study tour focused on association development for microfinance networks of the Palestinian Territories (July 2011), the Central Bank of Nigeria (September 2011), and the Yemen Microfinance Network (April 2010)
- Microfinance Conference in Erbil, Iraq, November 2010. Keynote Speaker at the opening Networks Conference Day: "The Role of Associations in Development of the Microfinance Industry"
- The United Nations Conference on Financial Inclusion, Sri Lanka, May 2009. Panel Speaker on "National Association - Gateway to the Country Microfinance Industry"; and "Social Impact of Micro-Finance"
- Network Capacity Building Workshop for four associations in Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan, June 2009
MAKE A REQUEST
To invite Jhale to speak at your next event or to receive more information, please contact Diana Dezso.