MaFI (The Market Facilitation Initiative)
How it works
This is how the Knowledge Factory works:
- Relevant discussions that have won the Influencer of the Month Awards (and runners-up in some cases) are prioritised to go through the production line.
- The top influencers of the month are encouraged to write a blog of the discussion they created with an emphasis on their personal learning journey, opinions and insights. The blog format gives the winners more flexibility and reduces the pressure of having to produce a full synthesis.
- If a top influencer is cannot write the blog, a writer will be provided to write the blog for them. In both cases, the creator of the discussion is involved and consulted throughout the process.
- Syntheses of agreements, disagreements, pending questions/issues and resources are produced by the creator of the discussion, other MaFI members or volunteers (normally working for the SEEP network) using a standard template.
- Through the Research Alliance, the original discussion text is made available to selected post-grad students who use it as an input for their research. Students will be required to describe the research for which they want to use the discussion and demonstrate that their research is relevant for MaFI. They must also show that they are studying in a reputable university and that they have the full support a professor. Papers with high marks may receive additional support to convert them into peer-reviewed papers.
Lucho Osorio (MaFI facilitator): email@example.com