SEEP convenes the largest global community of microfinance associations
Global Network Summit 2014
Below are descriptions of the sessions that took place during the 2014 Global Network Summit.
In this plenary presentation association representatives will discuss current trends in financial services for low income clients in their regions with a focus on products, clients and overall market ecosystem, as well as implications for service providers.
- Javier Vaca, Executive Director, RFR Ecuador – presentation on Latin America
- Davy Serge, Executive Director, AFMIN – presentation on Africa
- Grzegorz Galusek, Executive Director, MFC – presentation on Europe and Central Asia
- Syed Mohsin Ahmed, CEO, PMN Pakistan – presentation on Asia
In this session, representatives from global organizations working in financial inclusion will share new tools, technology solutions, and collaboration opportunities for associations in supporting members to expand their reach and impact.
- Sandra Callison, Director - Market Development and Housing Finance, Habitat for Humanity
- April DuBois, Vice President, International Development, MasterCard
- Jesse Fripp, Managing Director for Capacity Solutions, Enclude
Association Executives will have the opportunity to learn about new partnership offerings from MIX and ways that MIX Market is improving it’s data collection and analysis capabilities to support MFIs and Associations, including MIX Market’s new groundbreaking data collection tool, “Report Express”. The presentation will focus on the case study of the Azerbaijan Microfinance Association (AMFA) and solutions for Associations across all levels of organizational maturity and local market transparency goals. An optional product development focus group will follow the session to enroll Association leaders in MIX’s development and refinement of these new tools.
- Daniel Douglass, MIX Market
- Audrey Linthorst - MIX Market
Session 3: Concurrent Discussion Roundtables
Participants will have the opportunity to choose one of three discussion groups showcasing programs implemented by select associations in supporting their members expand and increase their client offerings. Discussions will focus on proven and emerging solutions as well as practical guidance for participants who are interested in implementing similar services within their membership.
- RFR Ecuador – RFR’s Mobile Banking Project
- PMN Pakistan – Microfinance Products to Finance Low Cost Public Schools
- AMFA Azerbaijan – Islamic Microfinance
In this closing session associations will share concrete service ideas, partnerships, and solutions they plan to implement as a result of the learning and exchanges that have taken place during the SEEP Conference and Global Network Summit.
- SEEP Network
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Global Network Summit.