Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
E-Workshop: Including Children & Youth in your work to End Extreme Poverty - Global Money Week 2015
Join the Microcredit Summit Campaign for a “Commitment E-Workshop” on March 12th at 11 AM (GMT-4) as part of Global Money Week 2015. (Daylight Saving Time begins in the US on March 8th, so our times reflect that change.)
Follow the live-tweeting using the hashtag #Commit100M
The E-Workshop will explore how child and youth inclusive approaches to financial inclusion are making a difference in ending poverty. The panelists will attempt to answer these and other questions:
- What are the main challenges in delivering financial services to youth?
- How do you effectively reach out to youth living in rural communities?
- Is there a business case for MFIs serving youth?
- What is the logic behind working specifically with savings among children?
- Jared Penner, Head of Education Division, Child & Youth Finance International, Netherlands
- Igancio Blanco, Banking and Financial Institution Coordinator, Child & Youth Finance International, Netherlands
- Nasser Al-Khatani, Executive Director, AGFUND, Saudi Arabia
Moderator: Jesse Marsden, Program Manager, Microcredit Summit Campaign, USA
Learn more: http://bit.ly/1wMaZkx
Join us for Global Money Week! #GMW2015
This March 9 to 17, organizations around the world participating in Global Money Week (GMW) will be engaging in actions -- large and small -- promoting access to, and awareness of, financial tools and services designed for children and youth. http://www.globalmoneyweek.org/
This online event is a 100 Million Project E-Workshop. Child & Youth Finance International announced a Campaign Commitment in 2013 and 2014. Learn more about Commitments. http://www.microcreditsummit.org/make-a-commitment.html