We foster creative solutions to scale impact
- Program Manager, Investing in Inclusive Finance, CFI at ACCION
- Council Director, The Council of the Microfinance Equity Funds
- Board Treasurer, The SEEP Network
Deborah Drake has worked with ACCION International since 1990. She leads the Investing in Inclusive Finance program area of the Center for Financial Inclusion (CFI) at ACCION International. CFI is a collaborative effort to advance the commercial model of microfinance while upholding the interests and needs of poor clients worldwide, and its Investing in Inclusive Finance program explores the challenges and opportunities at the intersection of microfinance and commercial investment. Deborah also directs the Council of Microfinance Equity Funds (CMEF), a membership organization of private entities that make equity investments in microfinance institutions (MFIs) of the developing world. CMEF spearheads the advancement of the field of equity investment in MFIs through research projects, publications, and biannual meetings.
|Governance and Transparency, Microfinance, Risk Management, Equity Investing in the Microfinance Sector|
|Boston, United States|
Publications by Deborah
- The Commercialization of Microfinance: Balancing Business and Development (co-editor)
- Alchemists for the Poor: NGOs as Financial Institutions (co-author)
Deborah's recent speaking engagements
- Faculty member of the Boulder Microfinance Training Program each year in Turin, Italy.
- Citi-FT Financial Education Summit, Jakarta, Indonesia, November 2011. "Role of Financial Education in the Financial Inclusion Agenda."
- MFC 2011 Annual Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2011. "Weathering the Storm: Lessons in Microfinance Crisis Survival."
MAKE A REQUEST
To invite Deborah to speak at your next event or to receive more information, please contact Diana Dezso.