Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Continuing the Conversation: Perceptions and Solutions for Women and Youth in Entrepreneurship
1717 H Street NW
View Larger Map
Chemonics International is pleased to present, “Continuing the Conversation: Perceptions and Solutions for Women and Youth in Entrepreneurship with Chemonics International, Making Cents International, the International Youth Foundation and the Mennonite Economic Development Associates.”
This event is a continuation of the 2014 Global Entrepreneurship Week Twitter chat that was held on November 19th with Chemonics International the International Youth Foundation, Vital Voices, Making Cents International, and the Mennonite Economic Development Associates. The chat, titled “Impacts of Women and Youth in Entrepreneurship,” explored gender, social inclusion, and education and how those issues relate to entrepreneurship. The chat focused on pulling out main constraints for women and youth when starting a business, access to finance opportunities or lack thereof for start-ups, and perceptions on the most successful methods for learning entrepreneurship. This event will be a forum to continue sharing best practices and drilling down into successful methods in addressing these key issues.
The most prevalent questions asked during the event in November were the following and this shaped our agenda for this knowledge sharing event:
- What are the biggest constraints for women to succeed as entrepreneurs?
- What policies and programs are you seeing that promote women’s entrepreneurship?
- What are some important components of youth enterprise development/entrepreneurship programs?
- What are some advantages to using mobile technologies, especially with start-ups?
The questions outlined above will be covered by expert panelists:
- Sarah Green, Deputy Director of Collaborative Learning and Action from Making Cents,
- Nicki Post, Senior Consultant/Project Manager for Youth Economic Opportunities from MEDA,
- Adam Bramm, Senior Consultant/Project Manager for Women’s Economic Opportunities from MEDA,
- as well as representatives from IYF and Chemonics International.
If you find yourself yearning for answers and proven solutions related to these main questions for women and youth in entrepreneurship, please join us for this exciting event.