Promoting Inclusive Markets and Financial Systems
Calculating & Analyzing Microcredit Prices: From Confusion to Clarity
900 Orme Street
View Larger Map
Register For This Training Session
No registration for the SEEP Conference
is required to attend technical trainings.
Training Provider: MFTransparency
Dates: Monday, November 4
Description: The training will focus on ensuring that all participants understand the different options that exist to calculate prices of micro-credit services. The training will specifically cover the following:
- The different calculation formulas that are available (APR, EIR, etc.)
- Information on pros and cons of the different formulas
- Examples of loans, illustraing their prices in the different options of calculations
- The relative merits and extenuating circumstances that influence which definition to choose
- Examples of some of the “tricks” and “loopholes” that MFIs can exploit with pricing (i.e.is a low-interest loan bundled with very expensive insurance?)
- Introduction to the new MFT "TILT Tables" (Truth-in-Lending Tables")
- Discussion of how legislation can promote or hinder transparent pricing (examples from different regions)
Space is limited to 25 participants in each training, so register now.
Target Audience: This course is aimed at anyone interested in pricing transparency for microfinance (MFIs, microfinance networks, inviestors, rating agencies, consultants, regulators, students, etc.)
Trainer: Chuck Waterfield
Chuck Waterfield has 25 years experience in microfinance, with a mixture of practical field experience (six years starting MFIs in both Haiti and Bolivia) and experience leading network strategy development (serving as microenterprise director for both MEDA and for CARE International). He developed Microfin, the most popular financial planning software in the microfinance industry and teaches business planning courses around the world, with more than 3,000 microfinance professionals having been trained in his courses. His current work as an independent consultant includes clients across the industry.
|Membership Status||Before Sept. 15||After Sept. 15|
No registration for the SEEP Conference is required to attend technical trainings.
If you have already registered for the SEEP conference, please refer to your confirmation email for instructions on how to log in and update your registration agenda. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.