We believe in the power of enterprise to reduce global poverty.
Visit seepcommunity.com. Learn More ›
The SEEP Network is known for advancing the sector by powering connections and driving valuable content for industry learning. While the entire industry benefits from the work done through SEEP, member organizations enjoy additional benefits.
Ability to shape SEEP’s learning agenda
SEEP is a neutral, global learning community that allows its members to set the agenda based on the challenges and opportunities they face in the field. Members can drive the agenda in three ways:
- Members create and lead SEEP working groups, while SEEP provides facilitation through online workspaces and expert leadership.
- Within the working groups, members influence the development of knowledge-based products.
- Members impact SEEP governance through member-only events where they provide feedback on SEEP strategy and vote for the board of directors.
- Members can submit workshop proposals for the SEEP Annual Conference to highlight the successful, innovative work they are doing in the field.
A uniquely global, practitioner-to-practitioner learning exchange
Experience the deep, practical value of coming together in a practitioner-exclusive community that is more than 120 member organizations strong and active in over 170 countries. The SEEP community cultivates partnerships that benefit all parties through the pooling of resources, positions and expertise. By teaming up with a global community, your organization will have a bigger impact on the ground.
Great professional development opportunities
A SEEP membership provides your staff excellent professional development opportunities through peer-to-peer learning activities, networking events, visibility in the industry, opportunities to take a leadership role in the development of our learning agenda, and exposure to cutting-edge themes. Practitioners learn best practices that can be applied to their daily work to meet organizational objectives.
A SEEP membership increases credibility with donors, funders, and other microenterprise development stakeholders. In addition, at SEEP’s Annual Conference, we award members that have excelled in the following categories:
- Member of the year: for outstanding contribution to SEEP learning initiatives and to the industry.
- Practitioner of the year: for an employee of a member organization who has demonstrated remarkable leadership and technical contributions to important development initiatives.
- Contributors to resources: Members that contribute to a learning product will be recognized as a contributor within the product and as it is disseminated.
Access to exclusive resources and tools
Most SEEP products are available to the industry at large, but some are exclusively for members. Members have exclusive use of some SEEPCommunity.com functionalities, such featured discussions and closed groups. Member organizations have the option of exhibiting their programs at the MarketPlace during the SEEP Annual Conference. Microfinance association members have exclusive access to the Member Feedback Tool (MFT), a survey tool that gauges satisfaction and needs among an association’s member microfinance institutions.
Reduced registration and scholarships on SEEP events
SEEP offers all members discounted access to the Global Network Summit, SEEP Annual Conference, and regional events. Members can also apply for scholarships, per funding availability.